Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday Spotlight - BLMorticia

Good morning! on the heels of her recent nomination and her new release, I decided today's interview should be with my fellow muse, BLMorticia! 


Michael: Welcome B!

BLMorticia: Hey my sexy bro, how are ya?

Michael: Very well and excited about your awesome news. Tell the readers about your recent nomination at Love Romances and Café?

BLMorticia: Well in a word, I am stoked. This week, I was contacted by the owner, tellin’ me ML2 was nominated for best contemporary of 2012. I can’t tell ya’ how floored I am! Also, I’m nominated for best GLBT author of 2012!

Michael: Wow, congrats on that B! Me and Rawiya are so damn proud of you.

BLMorticia: Really? So this means, I’m no longer the redheaded stepchild.

Michael: Ah shut it, you never were. So, tell us how we can vote for you.

BLMorticia: Well you can vote at the yahoo loop poll starting at 12pm CST. You can only vote once, no stuffing the ballot boxes here! You must be a member of the loop to do so. Believe me, any votes would be appreciated but regardless of what happens, I’m just honored to be nominated!

Michael: I’m ure you are, dearie. Tell us about the latest release?

BLMorticia: Well, Candyman is the final book in the Something New on the Menu Series. It’s about two men from different backgrounds who are looking for the same thing: A long lasting commitment. Of course, there’s a little tension in the book, some hot romance and sex! And as always, the typical BL snark!

Michael: yes, of course. Share a small excerpt with us?

BLMorticia: Sure *clears throat and opens Kindle copy* After eating his breakfast, Alain got dressed and finally Lucas got him out the door and on the way to the Diamond Candies building. As soon as he arrived many of the employees stood, as if they were in the military, saluting and greeting him as he walked the floors.
“Morning!” When he went to the management floor; a crowd of workers stood along the narrow halls, stepping outside their offices to say hi to their new boss. Alain nodded and spoke to each one, tightly gripping his cup of coffee.
Behind him was Lucas, doing the same while holding a stack of files – one for each of the employees. Alain had asked for them so he’d know all by name and a little about each of the top workers.
He sipped from his tall mocha latte and removed his glasses from the bridge of his nose. Now I’m awake. He used to only wake up this early when Demi wanted to take him out golfing or if they were on holiday, otherwise he never even opened his eyes before ten. Alain would have to get used to these early starts.
Once they’d made their way to the large office at the end of the hall, Lucas opened the door and Alain stepped in. “Wow! A lot’s changed a lot since I was last here.”
“Demi didn’t tell you he redecorated? After he found out about his uh, illness, he had it totally rehabbed to something he thought you might like more. He wanted to make sure you’d be totally comfortable.”
Dear old Dad!
That last statement brought a small tear in his eye as he glanced at the large space that was now his working area. The picture windows gave a great view of the outside. White walls, mostly bare; one modern abstract painting hug above the mantel of the fireplace. On the other side, a file cabinet with a stereo system on top, and in the middle, the long desk made from fine wood with rounded corners on which sat only a vase full of white roses and a pen set with a nameplate that read Alain Roux, President.
“Ah Lucas, are those from you?”
He blushed, “Yes, I thought you’d like them on your first day. It’ll motivate you to see the title even though it isn’t official. Go on – go sit at the desk and try it on for size.”
Alain returned the smile and did as Lucas suggested. Taking a seat in the leather chair, he breathed a sigh of relief when his buttocks sank into the cushion. “Oh… this chair is fabulous.”
“Gives good massages too,” Lucas added and pulled up another chair from the corner of the room.
Alain cocked an eyebrow. “Does it give hand jobs? I might need that after a frustrating day at the office.”
“Alain, will you stop?” He laughed. “Is that all you think about?”
“Yep. You know that old song by Korn, A.D.I.D.A.S? Shit, that’s what makes the world go ’round, Lucas.”
“Not the business world Alain. Here it’s all about the cash and the power.”
“You couldn’t be more right my dear Lucas!”
Alain’s smile turned immediately upside down. That wretched voice! Jakob had come to pay him a visit on his first day.

Michael: *laughs* I love the reference to Korn’s A.D.I.D.A.S in there. You'll always make a reference to metal somewhere in your books. Speaking of, tell us a little about your other project?

BLMorticia: Aw Michael, I didn’t know you were payin’ that much attention! *laughs* My new metal series, Metalrotica is a full erotica romance heavy metal saga with stories involving the bands experiences with fame, fortune, excess, and sex. It starts with the Wretched which will be released at the end of the month, most likely on the 25th through our pub, Triad Literary.

Michael: Wow, you are quite the busy lady, ma’am. I’m really proud of you sis. Watching you all year, releasing books, getting silver stars, and gaining fans. You truly are an accomplished talent. Anything you’d like to say to the good people out there?

BLMorticia: Yep. Thanks so much to everyone for all their support. I really do love writing and sharin’ stories with the readers and God and Shar willin’, we’ll all continue to do so! *smiles*

Michael: Thanks hunny! Good luck this week with sales and the voting!

BLMorticia: Thanks for havin’ me Michael. Ciao!

A little more of that scene from Candyman and btw, the contest to win a book is still going. No one knows who the actor is? C’mon! Look on the sidebar and name him! 

Blurb: Alain Roux is the new President of the world famous Diamond Candies chocolate factory on the South Side of Chicago. His father, Demi Roux lost his battle with cancer and has left it in his care despite Demi’s brother’s advice to leave it to him. Alain has no interest in the company but to fulfill his father’s last wish, he takes on the day to day of it anyway. Ty Washington is a born and raised Southsider who’s working there to put him through college. Recently, his father threw him out because he confessed he might be gay. When he and Alain talk, his heart soars and as badly as he tries to fight it, the two connect and eventually they decide to give their relationship a try.

In BL’s own humorous way, she’ll tell the tale of a man and his subordinate as they overcome the struggles to build a long lasting commitment.

NNP ARe



“What the… who the fuck told you to come in here?” Alain’s eyes narrowed as he watched the lanky bastard saunter in and help himself to a seat with a sly grin.
“No one. I do work here you know. And don’t get too comfortable in that chair.” He pointed his wrinkled finger at Alain.
He turned up his lips in a challenging snarl and leaned back in the chair behind the big desk. “Lucas, are you completely sure I can’t fire him right now?”
“No, you can’t. I already told you that.”
“At any point?” Alain felt he had to clarify.
“Well, if the shareholders agree to give you and Maxwell control, you can do whatever you want, but not until then.”
“What?” That stopped Jakob in his tracks. He sat forward in his chair. “I thought I’d have my job security regardless of what happened!”
“No, if Alain—”
When Alain,” Alain interrupted and put both of his arms on the armrests of the chair, trying to feel as big as it was meant to make him to feel and folded his hands together on his lap.
Lucas shot Alain a glare. “If he does, he can do as he pleases. You didn’t get the memo I sent to all the staff and board early this morning?”
Alain nodded approvingly and got up. “When they appoint me you better pray I’m in a good mood Jakob.” Alain glanced out the window and watched the sky turn grey right before his eyes. He shifted to look at his uncle and waved his hands in the direction of the glass pane. “Look at that Jakob. Your mere presence has turned the sunny skies into cloudy and dreary. Even the gods above know you’re nothin’ but bad news.”
Lucas chuckled and shook his head. “Alain, cut that out will you? There’s work that needs to be done. You should be looking at the employee folders. I can tell you some small bits to get you started. Jakob, could you please step out? I know Max is on his way so we can discuss things with him as well.”
Petulantly, the old creep folded his arms and his brows furrowed. “Why can’t I stay too? I’m a senior member of this board!”
“It doesn’t matter. You’re not included; now please, go!” Lucas snapped and pointed towards the door.
Jakob glared in the lawyer’s direction and indignantly spun on his heels, before stalking out. He nearly knocked Max over.
“Damn. Hi to you too.” He chuckled. “What was that all about?” Max pointed his thumb in the direction Jakob had exited.
“Oh, he’s upset because Lucas said he couldn’t play in the sandbox. No one likes the smell of crotchety old man anyway!”
Max laughed and walked up to Alain, holding out his hand. “Nice to see you again, Alain. I’m so sorry about Demi’s passing. I was at the service but I didn’t get a chance to speak with you there.”
Alain grinned and accepted the the other man’s hand, giving it a warm shake. He took another long, hard look at the middle-aged older man whom he knew his late father had liked a lot. Although Demi and Lucas had been a couple for two decades, he never stopped looking. Short brown hair, blue eyes, perfectly cut mustache with a nice body, but unfortunately married with kids. Not gonna happen. I need to get laid! “It’s okay; I was pretty much inconsolable during and after. I don’t think I even breathed until they handed me the urn with his ashes in it.” He sighed and thought back to that day, less than seventy-two hours ago. “Let’s get to work, shall we?” Alain rubbed his hands together and sat back down in the black leather chair. “No wonder all of them were greeting me so sweetly, Lucas. Their fate’s in my hands. Really, I don’t like having all that responsibility. I don’t want anyone to go but Jakob.”
“Well Alain, you have to make sure all of them are willing to work with you. Your dad left a last letter to all of them on his final day at the office. Demi wanted to make sure they treat you well and teach you in the process. Any of them who think they’ll be able to do as they pleased and run all over you will find themselves sadly mistaken.”
“How nice of Dad to put the fear into them, huh? What’s he gonna do, haunt them from the grave?”
Max chuckled, “Heh, now that would be a story. We’ve got a good bunch of people here. I don’t think you need to make a lot of changes. I agree about Jakob though. A lot of us aren’t too fond of him. He thinks he knows everything.”
“See!” Alain waved his arm in Max’s direction. “Even kind, sweet Max can’t stand that fool! How much longer do I have to deal with him?”
“About two months; that’s when the next meeting is. Are you dead set on getting rid of him?” Lucas looked at him intently and placed the folders on his desk.
Alain sat up straight and adjusted his tie. “I don’t need anyone like Jakob over me trying to sabotage this operation. I know he’ll try everything in the book to help me fail. I’ve gotta watch my p’s and q’s and keep an eye out for him. He’s a cancer, for lack of a better term. I don’t want negativity like that in my office!”
“Well! I suppose Demi’s spirit is in your blood after all, my good man. Let’s forget Jakob and look at our staff. Start with the bosses under Max. They’re the longest tenured.”
“Okay then,” he breathed a sigh and leaned back again. “First though, I need more coffee. It feels like this is going to be a long day.”


BLMorticia is currently a published writer with Naughty Nights Press and Rebel Ink Press. She entertains her readers with hot and smexy sex, humor, and lots of swear words. She attempts to incorporate metal music or the military in most of her works. Nothin’ sexier than metalheads or military servicemen and women! She also writes a biweekly column on Blak Rayne Books and blogs on the First Thursday of the month at NNP Blog. For more info, please visit, Erotica With Snark
See all of BL’s releases here




No comments: