Sunday, May 8, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Vertigo


David smiled nervously, “Um Doctor, I am noticing the sweat collecting on your forehead. Do you mind if…” he paused, wringing his hands, glancing in the other direction. “I want to…consume it if that’s alright with you.”
At the finish of his admission, his blues met my terrified hazels. “What do you mean, 'consume'?"
“Doctor, your sweat is what brought me out of my death-like sleep.

****

These six sentences are from "Longing for a Normal State of Vertigo" in the Riding the Rocket anthology.

Full book to come soon!





Make sure to check out the other SSS participants HERE.

15 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Great last line. Made me want to read more!

S.Lira said...

Thank you so much! I love this story. :)

S.Lira said...

Thank you! I love the story. The full version will be out later this year!

Unknown said...

Wow, this sounds really intriguing! They must have some powerful sweat!

Great six!

Kim Knox said...

Great six. Intriguing :)

Anonymous said...

Love it every time I read it. =)

Sue Brown said...

Ohhhh, I like!

S.Lira said...

Thank you everyone! I'm very glad you do! This is my fave story to date. I usually don't do paranormals but this made me think I could do more. ;)

TY for visiting!

Sarah J. McNeal said...

I've heard of sweat equity--and this just might be the pay off. LOL beautiful cover, too.

S.Lira said...

TY Sarah for the support. I love the cover as well. ;)

Taryn Kincaid said...

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather have a Dr. Pepper.

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

Very intriguing and not something a doctor hears every day! Sounds like you've got something very different and interesting going with this one.

S.Lira said...

LOL. Thank you Taryn and Monica for visiting. I just finished the full version yesterday and sincerely hope that it intrigues the readers as much as the 6 sentences!

:)

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Loving that last line! Fab six x

Jayel Kaye said...

what a great twist