Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Briefs #28


Good morning folks!

BL is playing this week with a new story that might be a plot bunny

Lets see what she has to say!

He’s Staying With 

The argument between my present lover and past lover quickly turned into a full scale quarrel with fisticuffs resulting in bloody noses, one black eye, and a few cuts and bruises. I hadn’t meant for this to go so sourly, but before I could explain any further, Jonas jumped to conclusions without all the facts.

Disgusted, Jonas wiped his nostrils with the back of his shirt and shoved me away when I tried to stop the blood from dripping out of his nose. He glared at me then pointed his finger directly at Bryant. “What the hell are you coming back for now? You left this man in a compromising position at the last minute!”

I had to interfere since Jonas didn’t know the full truth. “Oh and you’re making things better by coming in here with your fists flying and screaming obscenities? Look Jonas, I care for you, a lot but Bryant will always have a place in my heart. He needed my help and…”

Jonas cocked an eyebrow. “You do even after he left you here with a newborn baby to take care of on such short notice.”

“He had his reasons…” I responded quickly.

"Yes, I did. A very good one and if Jonas wouldn’t have come in here acting like a stark raving maniac, then I could explain,” Bryant added and yanked the handkerchief from his suit jacket to blot his nose.

“Oh I wanna hear this!” Jonas stood back with his arms folded over his chest and his lip turned up, waiting for the story.

“God, Jonas. You’re so violent!” I handed Bryant the additional towel I’d gotten to stop the bleeding. At least he took it when his hankie was completely soiled.

“I left little Macy here with Nicholas because I received a call from my sister about my mother. Her cancer relapsed and they weren’t sure she’d make it through the night. I left a letter for Nicholas and called every day. Jonas, if you’d given Nicholas the chance to explain everything, you might’ve known that.”

Jonas glanced down at his feet, looking somewhat embarrassed. “I…I…”

“Yeah, now that you know what actually happened, you feel like a heathen, don’t you?” I continued to assist Bryant with his disjointed nose. Most likely, Jonas broke it with the left hook he’d given him as soon as he walked in the door.

“I…” Jonas stuttered and spun on his heel in the other direction. “Look, I’m, ‘m sorry, okay? I might’ve over reacted…”

“You think?” I snapped back at him.

Bryant pinched his nose. I walked him slowly over to my couch and helped him sit. He laid back on the cushions. “Look Jonas, I get that you want to protect Nicholas from harm but I’d never do anything to cause trouble.”

“Yeah well…I love him. More than anything, okay? ‘M sorry I might’ve jumped a little too quickly. Still, just in case you get any ideas about a fucking reunion, he’s staying with me, alright? I apologize for my behavior and I’m sorry about your mom but you aren’t coming back here to ruin the most important relationship in my life.”

Bryant squinted and sighed, “I think we should let Nicholas decide that. I know you’re the man of the moment…”

“Bullshit,” Jonas interjected. “I’ve been with him for nearly a year and you know that.” He turned around to face us.

“And before I decided to go start up my company, I’d been with him almost five years so I’d say I carry more weight.” Bryant didn’t move or look in his direction.

I patted his shoulder. “Just calm down, alright? You need to relax right now. Jonas, please leave us, okay? You don’t have to worry, I’m not going anywhere.”

“Why do I have to leave,” he answered in an annoying tone. “He’s the one intruding on us!”

Jonas answer offended me and I had to fight back. “Stop that now, Jonas! You’ll wake the baby. Damnit, don’t act like a petulant child with me, alright? You’re agitating him and you broke his nose. Just let me help him recover. Go in the other room or home! Now!” I glared at him, making sure he knew how angry I was. Why the hell he had to come over right now unannounced was beyond me.

“Fine Nicholas, I’ll go! I s’pose the ex-boyfriend’s nose is more important!” Jonas stomped out the room and slammed the door behind him, shaking the pictures on the opposite wall. Thank goodness we heard no peep from Macy at that moment but surely that might be short lived.

Bryant lay on the couch with me still attending to his broken nose. “Nicholas, why didn’t you just tell him about my situation, huh? I mean, it would’ve stopped this argument from happening in the first place.”

“Because, I knew he’d jump to conclusions, Bryant. You see how he over reacts.” I patted his head and rubbed the small beads of sweat from his brow. “I knew you’d be back to take Macy too and well, I love taking care of her. She’s an angel.”

“I wish her mom thought the same thing,” Bryant countered.

“She’s lucky to have an uncle like you, Bryant. Really lucky. You’ve dropped everything for her. It’s very commendable what you’ve done for your sister.”

“Well both are my flesh and blood, Nicholas. I couldn’t just allow Macy to be left alone just because her mother isn’t acting like a mature adult. Besides, I’ve always wanted kids. Remember I mentioned that to you more than a couple of times when we were together.”

“Yes you did,” I answered, pressing my lips against his cheek. “You’re a good man and father, Bryant.”

“Nicholas, I want you to be in my life again, okay? We can raise little Macy as a couple!” Bryant turned slightly to look into my eyes. Beautiful wild browns gazed up at me, melting my heart.

“We could but…I…” I moved away before doing something I’d regret.

“Nicholas, please. Jonas isn’t the man for you, I am and I always will be.”

I stopped to stare at him a moment, wondering about our status as a couple and how it might be worth revisiting. Sure I still loved Bryant but Jonas had been there for the past year, making me a very happy man. Still, I couldn’t help but remember how much I loved Bryant. How the good times far outweighed the bad. Despite all the wonderful things Jonas had done, those feelings might never go away.

* * * *

Wow, BL that sounds great

1 comment:

Alicia Nordwell said...

Interesting plot bunny! The conflict Nicholas' faces is big, and so hard.