Friday, September 10, 2010

Excerpt: The true Meaning Of Love



Excerpt from the True Meaning of Love...

Here is a little from this tale. Please let me know if you like it.



Brandon, an up and coming artist, only twenty-six had just opened up his own gallery in the downtown area while his lover London Davies was an owner of a popular dance club called Fantasia . The two had been together going on seven years, and despite the fact that they could obtain a marriage license, they were more comfortable with just living in the same flat.

This particular morning, the couple were having an argument because London had business that needed his attention at the bar. Brandon was having an exclusive opening for his latest works of art and he wanted his lover to be there at his side.

“What, what did you just say,” Brandon yelled at London Davies from the kitchen while he poured himself a glass of orange juice.

London was in the bathroom, rinsing his mouth. “I said, I need to work early, I won’t be able to attend your party tonight. There’s some high profile celebrities coming in after a movie premiere, and I need to be there to make sure things are perfect.”

Brandon shook his head, rolling his eyes. “Baby, c’mon. I had told you about this way in advance. I mean, why don’t you have James take care of everything while you come to the gallery.” In disgust, Brandon slammed the door to the stainless steel fridge.

London looked in the mirror, checking his laugh lines. “Honey, I’m sorry. As much as I like James, I would feel more comfortable being there, overseeing instead of leaving him to do everything.”

After switching off the light, he walked approximately another twenty feet before coming upon the Italian style kitchen. It was state of the art with updated appliances to go along with the one of a kind, murals on the walls depicting the valleys of Naples. London’s mom was Italian, and was a great cook as he was; such was the reason it was decorated that way.

London trotted behind, his younger lover, kissing him on the cheek. “Baby…please, understand, I just cannot leave James to do this alone. If the people coming to my place tonight aren’t happy, it could ruin my reputation.”

Brandon stepped away from London’s embrace, he did not turn around; after finishing the contents of his glass, “London, your rep is more important than your love for me, your partner?”

London reached out for Brandon’s shoulders, “Hon, don’t say that. You know whatever you do is more important to me than anything I do at the club…”

“Then why not entrust James with the party and come to the gallery…”

“Love, I just explained to you that I can’t. If these big, time famous people weren’t coming this evening, then I would be more than happy to be at your show tonight. Besides hon, you have gotten nothing but good reviews on your work; I know it will be a success.”

Brandon turned around after placing his empty tumbler on the laminate counter. “That does not make a difference, I wanted the man in my life to show his support by being at my side. If this were not a big night for me I would come to the club and support you…”

“Baby, I know, c’mon, give me a break okay? I really wish I could be there, but…I…I just can’t alright, not tonight.” London watched Brandon walk away a little before yanking him by the arm. “Lover, hey…” he cupped Brandon’s chin while stroking his brown, blondish locks. “If I get done early and things at Fantasia are under control, I’ll come by, okay, but I won’t promise anything…” Lightly, he kissed Brandon on the lips.

“Fine…” he shrugged before giving him a hug. “Look, I’m going in early…I guess I’ll see ya’ when I see ya’.”

London smiled wryly, “Aw baby, I thought we could have a little fun beforehand…” He traced the nearly perfect features of his man.

“Uh, no, I uh…have some things to attend to…later okay?” Brandon enveloped London’s mouth quickly before sprinting away, not saying anything more. London was hurt that Brandon did not say I love you before leaving out for the day. For the first time that he could remember this was the only time they did not exchange I love you’s before separating. This told London that Brandon was still upset, that had to be the reason for him not saying the three words London adored hearing every day.

No comments: