Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gay Rom Lit Sights and NOLA Fun

Greetings all.


This is Sharita speaking about the final day for NOLA and my trip to the conference.


It really was a pleasant experience as my muse has said, meeting with so many people new and familiar as well as taking in the sights of one of my favorite places in the world, New Orleans.


My bff, Erika (right) and I had a great time, walking for blocks to the conference site from our hotel, walking bourbon and visit the locales that really endear me to the city.


Our room was actually at the Pelham hotel only about 3 blocks away from Bourbon New Orleans the conference site. Thankfully it was clean and the staff was very helpful. 


We also visited the church on Bourbon as well. Huge and very beautiful. The statures and stained glass are amazing. We visited here on Saturday before returning to the conference site since I knew we'd be parting ways the following day.


Back at the conference for the Total E Bound Pretzel Party event. There, I delivered hugs to Johnny miles and sat with Piper Vaughn as well as some readers. Everything was so well organized for the conference, mostly everything seemed to happen pretty timely. 




Thanks to Allison Cassata, my fellow XOXO author and new friend, she recommended us to a metal bar called the dungeon. As you know, me and the muses love some hard rock and there we definitely felt at home with some great drinks and music to go along with it. 


Such fun!




All in all, a great conference and some fab memories. Thanks to the people at GRL for making it such a great time. I hope to go again next year and network with so many great names. 

No comments: