Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sheila's Monthly Post

Morning.


Sheila's post is a little late this month because of all the wonderful guests we've had but not any less timely.


Lets see what she's saying this month.



ANTICIPATION

I don’t know about you but the time is flying towards the holiday season.  I’m organized this year.  Got those presents mailed out and the Christmas cards written and mailed.  Only a few gifts left to buy, mostly food items so I don’t want to get them too early.  This is the first year in a long time that Christmas is not a chore.  I am looking forward to it.  Anticipating it like a kid.  Maybe it’s because I spent the past year preparing.  I started last Christmas buying presents for this Christmas.  Now the payoff comes when everyone opens their gifts.  There is sure to be some moans, some groans, but mostly laughs. 

I did something special.  I did the 12 Days of Christmas.  No, no partridge in a pear tree, but 12 gifts to be opened between December 26-January 6.  Someone did this last year for me and the anticipation of opening something everyday was fun.  There was always something good to look forward to when I got home from work instead of bills and junk mail.

My youngest nephew turned six the beginning of December.  For his birthday I got him a Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar.  A small Lego toy every day between his birthday and Christmas.  I wonder if he’s opened all the doors or if he anticipates each day and his new toy?  I’ll have to find out when I go to his house this week before attending his Christmas concert at school.

I decided this year to do the Advent Calendar that Dreamspinner Press does of one story each day through December.  It is fun to wait for the e-mail telling me the day’s m/m romance story is now available to download.  I find the anticipation of something good in my e-mail brightens my day, makes it less hectic.  I get to download a new story to read then or savor later.  I’ve read a few of the stories.  They are not typical Christmas stories.  The protagonist has lost hope but finds it again and anticipates a new relationship or the rekindling of an old one. 

Anticipation.  That is what gives me fun.  Anticipating some happening then remembering that anticipation as I go through the event and tell people about it.  Something to look forward to.  Fortunately, I have a lot of things coming up--concerts, conventions, time off, more reading time--that I am anticipating.  I savor the anticipation for them.  It helps during these dark days of winter.

* * * *

Thanks Sheila for that post and today, hope you can drop in to The Literary Triad on Facebook for my virtual celebration. Today's my birthday so I'm celebrating with excepts and blurbs from me and some of my author friends.

Hope you take the time to drop by!




No comments: