Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome Back SL Danielson!

Good morning! Welcome to Michael's!

Today my guest is SL Danielson, fellow IRMer and new business owner as well of her own publishing company called Romance First Publishing.

Lets hear more!

 Is there one that you haven’t tried that you see yourself doing in the future? 

I’ve yet to try my hand at science fiction…that would be one that I’d love to try.

What is your opinion on the “chicks with dicks” analogy? In your opinion, is it wrong for your males to be emotional or romantic?

My opinion is that women can write this genre just as well as men, because our target audience, (at least mine) is largely straight women who love men in love. As for emotionalism and romance, that’s how I write. Always have. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man showing his sensitive side in the slightest, in fact I prefer it.

What are you working on now?

Currently rewriting a sequel, as well as a mystery. No boredom in my life whatsoever! LOL

As a gay fiction or m/m romance author, do you feel that the trend is changing where it is becoming more mainstream?

I don’t think it will for a while yet; think of how much has to change to make that happen.

Do you believe it’s important for you to know the gender of the author?

 Not in the slightest. If they write a good yarn, that’s what counts.

What are your thoughts on the fact that some gay male writers discriminate against women?

I think some of it stems from the spirit of competition, or perhaps jealousy, like we’re usurping their territory.

How do you feel about m/f writers making the jump into the m/m romance genre just because it’s popular?

I think they’re trying to profit from it, but I don’t believe their heart is in it. I do this out of love for the genre…not for the $$.

What is your opinion about some review sites not accepting m/m books?

They have a right to do so; you can accept/deny any genre you wish to show. Free country!

Where do you see m/m romance in the next 5 years?

Hopefully still out there, gaining momentum. I’d love to see more in bookstores.

What promotional method works best for you?

 Relationship marketing.

Are you tired of Lady Gaga yet?

Not yet, I still like her.

Favorite character in one of your books?

Scott Williams…he’s real, insecure, sweet, and adorable.

The character you identify with? My boys lead very different lives, but I am closest to Alex.


Latest Book: My Fair Vampire (with Julie Lynn Hayes)
Available at Silver Publishing



ANNOUNCING: ROMANCE FIRST PUBLISHING

I am finally living my dream goal of running my own business… and coupling it with my life-long passion for writing, opening up a publishing company was a very easy choice for me. Currently I run it from a blog site : www.romancefirstpublishing.blogspot.com  and have two other authors besides myself on there, with more to come.

I also have five affiliate sites where the works are listed, Amazon, All Romance Ebooks, Smashwords, Bookstrand, 1Place for Romance, and of course, my own site.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting me today!