Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Sexy Valentine in PRINT!

Lookie, Lookie. I received my author copy of My Sexy Valentine in print. Gorgeous right? Its a beautiful book with 4 wonderful stories by Ike Rose, Em Petrova, Daisy Harris and me Michael Mandrake. 


If you recall, the story I did was Only When I Lose Myself, an m/m tale about a man suffering from AHAD who falls in love with one of the hottest singers in music. I patterned the singer after hot openly gay star, Adam Lambert but my model was a bit different. *giggle*


Here is a blurb and a snippet




Overall Blurb: Unexpected surprises and four very special carnal adventures lie in wait for four sets of lovers on Valentine’s Day. These short novels will make you laugh, cry, smolder, and send you running for a cold shower. In the first novel, “Bachelorette” by Em Petrova, a spirited woman is deserted by her fiancĂ©, but five delectable Frenchmen have a plan to comfort her out of her Valentine’s Day blues—and bridal garments. In the second novel, “Only When I Lose Myself” by Michael Mandrake, Adrian is in need of someone to be his special Valentine and discovers that in Matthew Gianopolis, a janitor with superior intelligence but poor social skills, he has found it. In the third, “My Valentine Prince” by Ike Rose, a blue-collar college educated hunk who fought class prejudices to raise up the corporate ladder must choose which of two men is to be his Prince Charming: his rich ex-boss boyfriend, or the sailor who gave up his career to love him forever. In the fourth, “Cupid’s Arrow” by Daisy Harris, the god Cupid swears off love, but when a girl he shoots doesn’t swoon as expected, he learns that to woo her he’ll have to break his rule and fall in love with her himself.

Only When I Lose Myself M/M erotica romance by Michael Mandrake – Blurb: Adrian Vanderguard is the hottest singer in the music business right now and is currently on tour supporting his third album. Now that the long journey is coming to a close, he is visiting his home away from home in New York City to play a string of six exclusive shows at New York’s famous Falcon Theatre in front of sellout crowds that include top celebrities.

Adrian is also a loner who is in need of companionship. While on this lengthy trip, he has made up in his mind that he would like to be dating by Valentine’s Day of the following year, and he will stop at nothing to accomplish this.

Matthew Gionapolis is the Falcon’s environmental engineer. A young, healthy, twenty- something, that takes his work very seriously. Matthew is one person who likes everything to be in place, and really is not into having much contact with people unless he has to.

Not knowing this, Adrian decides that he would like to get Matthew to be his assistant despite the fact that the young gentleman was rather rude to him when he tried to introduce himself. Undeterred, Adrian even goes as far to point out the fact that Matthew must do as his managers say or else it could mean his job. This upsets Matthew but because he would like to be employed, he goes along with Adrian’s ploy, and while all this is going on, he develops a soft spot for the kind hearted, gorgeous crooner that may change his mind about wanting to be alone for the duration of his existence. 

PG Excerpt

Matthew went to finish a few things for Diana while Adrian got ready for his big performance. He was very excited that Matthew had let his guard down, giving him confidence that Matthew would indeed be the man to be his Valentine’s Day date. Still, he was concerned about Matthew’s disorder. Despite the fact that he told his new friend that he wasn't worried, he wondered if it was something he should just dismiss.
Since there was two hours left before he was supposed to go onstage, he decided that he would call his psychologist to ask him some questions about the dysfunction. Once he dialed the numbers, his physician, Doctor Ben Delaney answered on the third ring.
“Hello, lover…” Ben answered, his smile coming through the receiver. “When are you coming to see me?”
Adrian chuckled to himself, “Hiya Ben, listen, I need you to clarify something for me.”
“What would that be, my favorite patient, a question about the pills I’ve been giving you. I told you they are really good when you feel like you’re panicking…”
“No, no, it’s not that, Ben. I want to know about a form of ADD that a friend of mine claims to have. I want to know if it’s real.”
 “Adrian, don’t be coy with me. If you think you may need my actual help, professionally.”
Adrian sat up in his chair. “Ben, no, really, I do have a friend that claims to As…aspb…”
“Asperger’s?”
Adrian looked up at the ceiling. “Yeah, I think that’s what he said, something where he’s kind of shy, and sort of defensive when someone tries to approach him.”
“Yep that sounds like a part of the issues. Who is this friend?”
Adrian heard jealousy in Ben’s voice, he raised an eyebrow. “Oh come on, Ben. Don’t start getting all envious now. You’re a married man, how long do you expect me to wait on you while you continue to deny your sexuality?” Adrian tapped his fingers on his knee waiting for a response from Ben.
“Look Adrian, you know that I can't come out like that. I have a wife, a career…you know it would hamper my reputation by admitting that I’m gay.”
“Well, that is the reason I am moving on with my life, Ben. I plan to have a man by Valentine’s Day.”
“And you are that desperate that you are trying to date someone with Asperger’s? Adrian, this is not a joke. People with this disorder can become quite distant, they are the wrong people to get involved with if you want someone sensitive to your needs.”
Adrian rolled his eyes, “Oh bollocks, Ben. I can be pretty mean and insensitive as well and I haven’t been diagnosed with anything. Such is the reason I am paying you a large heap of my money, to keep me sane.”
“And here it was I thought that you were giving me the cash because you loved the way I fucked you…”
“I do, you are given that extra loot because of the magnificence of your services, doctor but, that’s all they are, something that I have bought, used, and no longer need or want…” Adrian looked at his fingernails.
There was silence on the other end. “Listen babe, I know I can't do anything more but what I am doing…I don’t want to lose you completely.”
“Oh, you won’t, Ben. You can still be my shrink but you can only enhance my thoughts, nothing more. I’m in need of something more real, something concrete. I deserve a man that can be with me at all times, not a closeted doctor who’s married. You have always said that you would leave her for me, of course you never did. You have known for the longest time that I wanted more and yet, because of your insistence on protecting your rep, I have decided to move on, my dear doctor. There will be no more of this I’ll see you whenever bullshit. I need more, doctor and since I’m not getting it from you, I’ll get it from somewhere else. Thank you for your advice; that is all I will require from you for now on.” Adrian pushed his disconnect button, slipping it in his pocket.
Adrian let out a primal scream. “Oh God, Matthew. I just got rid of one of the best fucks of my life. You better be worth it.”



No comments: