Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Sips - Under the Gun

Good morning! Here's a little sip from my latest book, Under the Gun from No Boundaries Press.


Camdyn Hardy is a former cop who has his own private investigator business. Due to a misunderstanding from a client, he gets into an argument with his lover Tay. Right after, they breakup Camdyn is left alone to think about his future as a PI and his love life.
                                   
Malik Day was recently discharged under the DADT policy and is looking to get his life on track The main reason he joined was because he dreamed of being a ranking officer. Now that it’s been taken away, he desires to start his life anew and find someone to share it with.

After two weeks the men meet at a shooting range and find out they have a lot in common. Once they engage in a one on one match, they proceed to a bar to have drinks and get to know one another better.  They both discover their affinity for guns as well as Camdyn’s need for a new partner at Camdyn & Associates. Malik is intrigued but afraid to ask him and decides to wait till they are closer. Camdyn is excited about this prospect as well but waits for Malik to say the word. Finally, in an erotic encounter, true feelings are revealed.

In subsequent books, the story continues where the twosome begin their work and love relationship. Together they’ll take on cases investigating cheating husbands or wives, companies with defector employees all the while trying to maintain their newfound commitment to one another as well as having a little fun in the process. 

Camdyn followed Malik back to his home to make plans to see one another again. The former officer let Camdyn know he lived with his parents for the time being, but Cam didn’t seem to mind.
When they arrived, Malik stood by the car and waited for Camdyn. No question he felt the attraction and vice versa, but Malik wanted to know more about a working partnership. Did Hardy want to work with the man he’d set his sights on? Malik didn’t mind, but who knew what Camdyn thought. “A little too soon to ask…”
“Ask what?” Camdyn strolled up to him and crossed his arms over his chest.
Malik stuttered, peering into Camdyn’s eyes. He could get lost in those beautiful eyes for hours, but they made it hard for him to concentrate. “Um… ask what you’re plans are for tomorrow night and the next?”
Camdyn smiled flirtatiously. “No, somethin’ else was on your mind. We both know that’s why I’m here, soldier.” He dragged his long fingers against Malik’s forearm.
Malik shuddered from that slight touch. His hardened muscle jolted in his trousers. He closed his eyes for a minute and tried to collect himself. This moment felt like a first date. “Um, yeah, I know. I… I just wanna tread lightly. Don’t wanna scare you away.”
“There’s nothin’ you could say that would make me run, big boy.”
Really?
That made Malik happy. Still, he wasn’t comfortable talking to him about working and playing together. “Well, that’s great.” Malik fixed his eyes on the gravel beneath his feet. “So, you wanna…”
“Look at me, man.” Camdyn lifted Malik’s chin with his finger.
“Yeah, I…” That gesture, so subtle, but the flames rose within. “I wanna see you again, Camdyn. You free tomorrow? Maybe not at the shooting range…”
“Naw, the range isn’t the right spot.” He laughed heartily, making Malik crack a smile, even through the nervousness. “I know a place closer to home where we can go. It’s a gay sports bar. We’ll have a few drinks, a light dinner, and watch the game there.”
“That’ll be good.” Malik’s groin tightened and he sensed his own juices leak underneath his pants. No question he’d have to take care of himself this evening.
“Great. So… tomorrow night then, but…” Cam stepped closer. “Can I call ya’ in the afternoon?”
Anytime.
“Yeah, I’d love it. I’ll be out lookin’ for work, but I’ll answer as long as I’m not in conversation or somethin’.”
“Okay then.” Camdyn leaned in and kissed Malik lightly in the lips.
Malik accepted and reciprocated it with a crushing embrace. Camdyn’s lips felt so soft and warm. Roughly, he pulled him closer and gripped Camdyn’s back through his shirt. The mixture of his cologne and natural scent made Malik dizzy.
Once they stopped, they exchanged widened eyes and smiles.
“That was hot! God, Malik, I…”
“Yeah, I know but… not yet, right? I don’t put out on the first date.” In the past he’d held fast to that mantra, but right now he wouldn’t have minded breaking it. The only thing stopping him was living under his parent’s roof. If not for that, he would’ve dragged Camdyn into the house and ravaged him.
“Yeah, yeah…” Hardy backed away and rubbed the back of his neck. “I… um… I don’t either. “Let me get goin’.’”
“Yes, please… I won’t be able to justify to the cops what I was doin’ to you.”
Camdyn chuckled and slightly bowed his head. “I wouldn’t be askin’ for help, soldier!” Quickly, he kissed him again. “Bye!” The hot investigator backed up and went to his vehicle.
Malik gave a half-hearted wave and watched Camdyn drive away. “Damn.” He shook his head and gripped it with his fingers. “Shii… God…” Malik pounded the top of the car with his balled up fist. If only he weren’t so afraid to make more of a move. He would’ve gladly dropped his pants and given or received in a hot minute. He turned towards the house and walked up the stairs. Malik’s mom stood there with a disapproving glare.
Ooh damn.
She tapped her foot. “Malik, I can’t have you doin’ that in my driveway. What will my neighbors think? You’re lucky your dad’s asleep in the den!”
Malik shook his head. “Look, Mom, I’m grown, and I won’t be stayin’ here much longer anyway.” He moved her to the side and ran up the stairs.
“Malik! Come here, now!” He slammed the door.
The young man gritted his teeth and slammed his hand on the wood. “I gotta get outta here! I can’t keep livin’ with my folks. I have to get up enough courage to ask Camdyn if he needs a partner, and fast!”




No comments: