Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Sips - The Power of Muse and Inspiration

Good morning!

How about a little from my vampire romance that was released last year from XOXO publishing? My vamp doesn't sparkle, but he does fall in love! A great Halloween read!


Blurb: No such thing as vampires!

William Chatterley is an up and coming author looking for a partner after many dead end dates. Finally, he believes he’s found a suitable mate in Andrew and they see one another.

The vampire Jude is weak from being without love in his life. When he sees the author, he desires him right away but his companion is a stumbling block.

How will he get passed it and when he does, will the mortal want to be his partner? What will he choose? Will Jude convince him to become his eternal lover?




The vampire decided to make a special dinner for his mortal companion; fish and chips along with his favourite bottle of Scotch. He decorated the entire estate with candles and played some soothing music to set a romantic mood.
William had already called a couple of hours ago, telling him he’d be late getting back to the flat so since it was dark, the immortal made the decision to feed before his lover returned. He’d done this a lot to spare William the details knowing he was out in the streets taking another life even though he was already aware. He didn’t need to know any more until Jude had to teach him on his own.
When he returned from getting his dinner, he took a quick shower and put on only a silk robe to greet William once he came in.
He hoped tonight the talk they’d have would result in what he desired the most.
“Jude?”
He smiled to himself when he heard his lover come in the door. He’d given him a spare key to let himself in. Soon, he wished William would take up permanent residence with him.
“Hello, love.” Jude pressed his lips against William’s and grabbed his buttocks in the process.
“Hiya.” The writer reciprocated the kiss.
“How’s the book doing?”
“Oh incredible! The book released last week and it’s already number one in all Amazon outlets worldwide. I’m finally beating that Mandrake character,” he beamed.
Jude laughed and slipped his coat off his shoulders while removing the black silk scarf William always wore to cover up the bite marks Jude put on his neck. He nuzzled that space and took another small nibble out of his lover’s flesh.
“Mhmm...” William sighed and groaned. He turned around to face him and covered the immortal’s mouth with his own.
“Oh William, when my love? When are you going to allow me the chance to make you mine eternally?’
He smiled wryly and his light browns eyes met Jude’s azure orbs. “I will, just...not now, Jude. I have so much to live for, you know? I wouldn’t be able to carry on in everyday society as a vampire. I mean, right now, you live in the shadows. The clients here think you’re the landlord’s long lost son or something. You have no presence outside of the flat and since that’s the way I’ll have to be too...”
“No, no, you don’t have to be. I choose to be because of what I’ve done but you my love, you’ll be able to go out and about, sell your books, and make appearances...”
“All after dark,” he finished the statement. I can’t do everything after dusk, babe. For one, my editor keeps banker’s hours unless it’s a phone call or email. What about when I’m in the company of huge amounts of people? I might have the sudden urge to have a large meal and then, when people want pictures, no flashes, yeah?”
Jude rolled his eyes and sighed. “Lovely, yes, it’s all true; you’ll have to build restraint. Think of it as being an actor in a movie or one of the characters in your books. There is a role you’ll have to play, a new responsibility you’ll have to take but wouldn’t it be all worth it?”
“Of course it would, Jude. I’m just not ready to do it yet. I’m at the height of my career, doing what I’ve always dreamed of. Becoming a successful author and actually making money from it.” William kissed Jude’s lips once again and walked further down the corridor, leaving the vampire there with a somewhat broken heart. He shook his head and placed the small jacket in the closet.
Again, he failed at convincing his companion that they should take the final step towards eternity together. What more would he have to do to make him see? He wasn’t sure. Whatever it took, he hoped it would work much sooner than later.
“Jude?” William called out to him again. “It smells go good in here, love. What did you make?”
“Fish and chips. I hope you enjoy it.” The vampire strolled back into the kitchen and planted a kiss on the side of his partner’s neck before turning away.
William caught his arm and pulled him back in. “Are you mad at me?” He raked his fingers through Jude’s blondish brown hair.
“Will it make you change your mind if I said yes?” He lightly tugged on his own erection.
“No, it won’t. Jude, I promise you, it won’t be much longer, hmm?” The author wrapped his arms around Jude’s waist and leaned into him.
Once he did, Jude lay his head on the mortal’s shoulder, nuzzling his bicep. The scents of body wash, coffee, and cloves drifted inside his nose, making him dizzy along with the smell of his lover’s flesh. That sweet smell, calling his name to bite him on that spot, drain him of all his blood right then and there before prepping him for mortal death.
“Jude, please. I assure you, I want to be with you and I understand the terms of being in a committed relationship but you did tell me you’d wait.”
“Yes, and I will continue to do that, but it gets harder and harder every day, knowing how I feel about you. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been this much in love. No one has ever made me feel this good.”
“Yes, I know, I feel the same. Just a little while longer, Jude.” Again, he crushed the vamp’s lips in an embrace and wrapped his arms around his neck.
Jude began to tremble and the sweat began to form on his brow. Tentatively, he held onto his partner, burying his head into that special space once again. Damn, this was getting more difficult by the minute to restrain himself. He’d known what he said, but now he wished he’d just done it and not said a word.
Still, wasn’t it important to have William trust him and love him? If he’d taken his life when they first met or even now, would William forgive him? He dragged his tongue over the author’s flesh and sucked his skin. He tasted a small amount of the red liquid and relished it.
“Mhmm...William, please, now...” Jude kissed him again and tangled his tongue with William’s. He grabbed his buttocks and squeezed them tightly. “While I make love to you, tonight, let me take you William. So much beauty awaits you on the other side, my love. You think you have great perception now, just wait until you can see and hear everything much clearer.”
William sighed and hugged him tightly. “I’m looking forward to it but, just allow me this time to enjoy my success.”
Jude leaned into him again. His breaths became ragged and his cock throbbed with need. That little bit of his partner’s blood made him crazed and thirsty.
No more waiting...


No comments: