Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Mornin' Read - Need based off of Power of Muse

Morning! This is Michael here with the Monday morning read! For the past 2 weeks, BL and Rawiya had given you free reads on Monday's and I've joined the party. It's sort of a round robin with the muses. *laughs*


Here is my sample based on the pic Rawiya used for FFF last Friday. This is a little spinoff with my characters from The Power of Muse and Inspiration.




 Menacing sounds distracted him from his task; a voice telling him to leave this mortal alone. Who is that? Stop it! I hate you, damnit! Julius crept around the corner, his claws grinding against the red brick of the building. While his inner voice attempted to stop him from achieving his next kill, his piercing blue eyes fixated on the target of his desire. Yes that’s him! Oh I ache... I want, I must have!

But you cannot! He is untouchable, Julius, he is…

With his man? I know that. Who cares! I’ll tear him to shreds!

Julius, you promised the vamp gods you wouldn’t.

I promised them I’d uphold the sanctity of the vampire council, a be a good little bloodsucker. Surely that didn’t include letting go of the man I’ve been following for years now.

Yes it did, you fool! You gave your word you wouldn’t kill anyone else!

Julius stopped for a moment and thought to himself. Perhaps he did tell them he wouldn’t murder anyone else to get the man he really desired. The famous William Chatterley, author extraordinaire, who’d intrigued him since his first book was released over three earthly years ago. But how could he get over these raw emotions he was feeling?

Staring at the two lovers in the moonlight, the green monster started to come out. Thankfully, the jealousy began to override the subconscious, and he no longer heard the wails from his inner good telling him not to kill the other man that held his William. Yes, he said it and thought it, so it shall be.

Slowly he slipped on his gloves, he licked his upper lip and fangs, ready to feast on this poor mortal who’d been in his way for two days too long. “I must do this, oh lords of the council to satisfy my need. Forgive me, for I must go against your wishes!”

And with that, he poised himself to pounce on his prey like a wildcat about to eat a deer.

No regrets…no remorse….

* * *

Hope you enjoyed that. If you did, have a look at my book, Power of Muse from XOXO publishing

Buylink Amazon XOXO


Blurb: No such thing as vampires!

William Chatterley is an up and coming author looking for a partner after many dead end dates. Finally, he believes he’s found a suitable mate in Andrew and they see one another.

The vampire Jude is weak from being without love in his life. When he sees the author, he desires him right away but his companion is a stumbling block.

How will he get passed it and when he does, will the mortal want to be his partner? What will he choose? Will Jude convince him to become his eternal lover?

No comments: