Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Booyah! First Silver Star on ARe for TM2!


I'm very happy to say I've received my first Silver Star on ARe.

Woohoo!

Rawiya and BL are pros at this already. 

Thanks to all the readers!



Blurb

Over fifty doesn’t mean too old to find love

London Davies desires a man to take care of and despite the advances of his former lover and partner James, he pushes on to search for another to make him turn in his bachelor badge.

Brandon McFerry has been abused and scarred for the duration of his life. His only saving grace is his talent with the paintbrush. Although he hasn’t made his big break in the industry, he pushes on in hopes that one of his paintings will capture the attention of his obsession: London Davies

This is a romance. The kind that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside with some hot smexy sex thrown in. An emotional story between two men of different backgrounds searching for the same happy ever after ending!

New excerpt here

Brandon sprinted downstairs to the living room so he could take a stroll through the backyard. London’s house was so magnificent and as he expected it was cleaned every single day. Marisol said she enjoyed coming here to dust and clean all the time because of the mansion’s beauty. Brandon agreed with her and hoped things would work out so he’d be able to enjoy the luxury as well.
He proceeded through the French doors, walking down the back set of stairs. Although clouds filled the skies, the air felt warm. A perfect day to explore as London commissioned Brandon to do. The young man would do exactly that.
The concrete walkway was flanked by flowers of all kinds, tulips, roses, and marigolds, coloured in bright reds, pinks, and yellows along with lush trees. He noticed a gazebo and what looked to be a stable off in the distance. Marisol had told him about the pool near the kitchen exit. Brandon wasn’t surprised. A place this grand was sure to have all the amenities.
“Wow, this is gorgeous!” Brandon could gain so much inspiration from being out here. The creations he’d come up with because of the beauty that surrounded him. Hopefully he and London would be together soon for him to enjoy it.
He knew not to rush things, but play at London’s pace. Even if he didn’t ask him to live with him, surely he’d request him to come by and spend time here. In Brandon’s mind, that would suffice until the two of them became close enough to live together down the line.
* * * * *
When London awoke, the hangover subsided. His mouth resembled the Sahara desert, and his muscles ached as if he’d been working out—not because of last night’s events, but because of his age. 
Wincing, he slowly got up from the mattress and made his way into the bathroom to shower and get dressed. He wanted to find Brandon and spend the rest of the day with him. London had plans in mind, big ones, for the young man, and since Brandon seemed to be just as interested as he was, London felt comfortable about speeding things up.
After they’d talked earlier, he felt more comfortable about going a little further, perhaps jumping the gun a little. Honestly, he didn’t want to go slow. London really wanted to bring him to bed today; however, there was still much to know and more dates to be enjoyed.
Once he finished his shower, he walked inside his closet and pulled out some lounging pants and a wife-beater. He got dressed and slipped into his regular house sandals. London sprinted down the stairs to find the young man. When he saw the sitting room door open, he decided to look there first. He grinned when he noticed Brandon lounging on the couch, reading a magazine, his feet propped up.
“Hello.” He walked in and closed the door behind him.
“Oh hi.” Brandon put the book down on the table.
“No, no, don’t let me bother you, love. Please relax. I’ll sit by you.”
The artist picked up the volume once more, leaning back against the couch cushions.
London walked over to the mini bar’s fridge and grabbed a bottle of Perrier. “Want one, lovely?”
“Um, if you have like regular water in there, I’ll take that.”
He nodded and grabbed a bottle of Evian. “So, did you enjoy your time out on the grounds?”
“Yes, I did.” Brandon took a sip. “You have a beautiful home, London. It really is gorgeous.”
“Thank you.” He placed his arm around the man’s shoulders. “I had it specially designed. The man who did it really knew exactly what I wanted and how to do it. He did an awesome job.”
“Yes, he did. I really love the backyard. I didn’t get very far, though. It started to drizzle so I came back in.”
London laughed, “Ah, yeah it’s that time of year. Well, there will be plenty of better days where you can enjoy the walk, or at least have a coat and umbrella to go out with.”
“Yeah? I mean, you’d let me—”
“Let you,” he interrupted. “What did we talk about earlier, love? I want you to be with me, which means if we’re together you get to spend as much time as you want here with me.”
“Well, I didn’t want to assume.”
He patted Brandon’s thigh. “You’re so modest, Brandon. I already told you exactly what I felt. I want us to get closer which means, I want to date and well, eventually...”
“Yes?” Brandon’s voice trailed off.
“Eventually get to where I wanted to be all along, but with a bigger goal in mind.”
“Mhmm.” Brandon shook his head in agreement. “I know. I just, like I said didn’t want to assume and just write myself into your long term plans.”
London looked at him and sighed. “You are in my long term plans.” He reached in and caressed the man’s face. London pulled him in closer and planted a light peck on his mouth. “You know what I want, Brandon. We both know. Are you just that innocent or are you playing the role to make me feel different?”
Brandon smiled and returned the kiss. “I guess I’m found out. You were honest with me so I suppose I should return the favour.” The painter moved in closer. “I like you, a lot. I’ve always thought you were so gorgeous, intelligent, and sexy, and I’ve been in such a shock, being this close to you. I guess I just wanna tread lightly and not say anything that will ruin it or do anything that will mess this up.”
London tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. “There’s nothing you could do or say that would deter me from getting to know you better, love. Well, there are a few, but they would have to be pretty extreme, and since I know you’re not capable of such things, I don’t think I’ve got anything to worry about.”
“Even if I said I was a tad obsessed? I mean, like looking at all the articles, TV shows, and all that?”
“You didn’t hurt me by doing that, so I’d say no. In a way, I’ve done the same. When I got that painting, I tried searching for the artist. The man who sold it to me didn’t even know where he’d got it from. Because you hadn’t really shown your work anywhere, I couldn’t find you, so I gave up. But now I have the person that did the picture and another to match it. I’m quite thrilled that we know each other.”
“I am too London. I’m glad we’re talking everything out.”
London twirled his fingers around the other man’s curls. He felt so close to Brandon already. He swore he could just sit on the sofa, enjoy staring into his eyes, and playing with his hair the rest of the day. “Me too, lovely. We both know where the other one stands, and that’s a good start to a healthy relationship.”
“I agree, London.” Brandon drank the rest of his water and set the empty on the table. Facing him, he palmed his chin. “Now that everything’s out in the open, I just want to kiss you, if that’s okay?”
Oh yeah

No comments: